96 GSX Carbs rebuilt now what?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Th3Skipper

Hey guy's,
I finally finished a long over due project of rebuilding the carbs. My concerns now are do I need to re adjust the mixture screws on the carbs? The engine fired right up to an idle. It ran great before the carbs clogged originally.... I was getting like 7000 RPM's.

On another note can any of you moderators unlock my nightmare of an old thread? I would like to let everyone know about my success.

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=8702

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
the high and low speed screws should have been removed when you cleaned/rebuilt carbs.
should have made sure they were clean and free
and yes, they should be check / set to the proper spec
mud

You should always do a leak-down test after re-assembly! Your manual and
Mikuni.com has directions on how its done.

the high and low speed screws should have been removed when you cleaned/rebuilt carbs.
should have made sure they were clean and free
and yes, they should be check / set to the proper spec
mud

Yeah your right, If my memory serves me correctly I turned them back in roughly where they were. I rebuilt the carbs a year ago but I just reinstalled them due to other issues that are in that other diaster of a thread. I will re set them to the factory specs.

Thanks

You should always do a leak-down test after re-assembly! Your manual and
Mikuni.com has directions on how its done.

I'll check that out but dont I need special tools to do this? My friend owns a Mercury Dealership/Shop he probably has one.....

Open...

Hey guy's,
I finally finished a long over due project of rebuilding the carbs. My concerns now are do I need to re adjust the mixture screws on the carbs? The engine fired right up to an idle. It ran great before the carbs clogged originally.... I was getting like 7000 RPM's.

On another note can any of you moderators unlock my nightmare of an old thread? I would like to let everyone know about my success.

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=8702

Thanks

Your old thread has been re-opened. Your free to post or if you need me to merge with another, let me know. In the future, please PM for thread requests. I stumbled upon this request. I could have opened it sooner had I gotten a PM.......but, it's open now.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back