951 DI Piston Wear

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Klipsh

Hello, I got my 951DI rebuilt engine has 3 hours on it runs like a champ in the water full rpm run out etc,

I pulled the plugs they were really black almost fouled maybe, so I decided to pull the raves too to look at the pistons and I found they have wear as shown in the pictures is this normal?

IMG_7264.jpeg
B347A0F1-30C9-49B8-9D1C-0C4FC32B6A83.jpegIMG_7262.jpeg

I really do not see wear.
Did you trim the RAVE valves for the oversized pistons?
You should not have al that RTV silicone on the head gasket.

Who built the engine??

I see the groove in the piston. Did you install the raves and can you verify they looked like that prior to installation? Look at the top of the piston to see what size they are. Tave might have contacted the piston as that groove should not be there.

Lot of slop on that rave that I don't think should be there with so few hours on the engine and why is it wet? The oil on the rave looks emulsified. All that should be pretty clean. You can rotate the engine a bit and get a look at the top of the piston. I don't like how it looks.

I see the silicone Miki is referring to. I don't use RTV on any of those gaskets prior to install.

Back