95 XP No Fuel to Carbs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rene Lamothe

95 XP No Fuel to Carbs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I bought this boat during the winter (3rd owner). During the water test the boat ran fine but at times (no pattern that I could figure out) would bog down and loose power while runnning at half to full throttle. It would always return to idle and when you hit it again it would pull very strong with no hesiation. I suspected dirt in the carbs so I pulled them and found that the small, internal filters had debris in them. In fact they were about 20% blocked. We cleaned the filters, reset the needle valve height (per the factory manual) as it was slightly high. Now the boat wont start. I can pour a small amount of fuel down the plug holes and it fires right up. I photographed the fuel/pulse lines prior to carb removal and believe I have them hooked up properly. One question here: should the vacuum line that goes from the base of the engine be connected to the "pulse" nipple?
Spark is good at the plugs and they are new. I did reuse the internal carb parts as they appeared to be in good condition with no tears, holes or other visible issues. I also applied pressure to the fuel pump diaphragm pulse inlet side and it holds 4 lbs pressure for longer than the 10 seconds the book calls for. I have not been able to test the pop off pressure for the needle as the pump I currently have will not get to 35 lbs.
I have noticed than if I turn the fuel valve to the reserve and/or "main" position no fuel flows from the fuel line. Is this normal?
I know I have something messed up but can't seem to figure it out. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back