95 XP Electrical Issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

neonnanz

I am coming close to finishing my 95 XP, and I am having some electrical issues. I have seen that when the key is put on (NON-Dess) it should beep twice and the gauges should show some power. Currently, when the key is put in, I get no gauges and no beeps. The beeper is brand new from OSD and the gauges I'm unsure of the state they are in (they look terrible with a lot of debris in the lenses). Along with these issues, the motor turns over fine and my VTS is working fine via a trim fix kit. I am unsure why there is no power to my gauges or beeper. I checked the beeper connector with a multimeter when pressing down the key post and I got around .5volts.

No, older skis without DESS will not beep and gauges will not come on when installing the lanyard.
Those functions are only on DESS skis.

Starting it will bring the gauges on and grounding the wire from the temp sensor with it running will set off the beeper.

Starting it will bring the gauges on and grounding the wire from the temp sensor with it running will set off the beeper.
Thank you very much for the help! Unrelated question, but my XP sat for what I believe to be about 10 years. I've read a lot about it and I'm unsure if I should do the job or not, but what do you think the wear ring will be like. Should I just replace it or is there a way to make sure it's ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back