Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there, i have a 1995 seadoo sportster. last summer the oil pump went and the engine seized up. Right now its in the shop to see about getting a bigger engine put into it. also it is getting a better impeller put on it. what else can i do? i am using the boat for towing and racing along lake michigan. what can i put on it for more power and speed?

what is the original motor of the sportster?

It's a 657x

The only thing that will bolt into that boat is a 720 engine. It will get you a little more torque. and about 5hp over the "X" engine.

The biggest improvement in how it performs is going to rebuild the pump, make sure the drive shaft seals are good... make sure the pump shoe is sealed, and install a good impeller. I recommend a Skat-Track Swirl for out of the hole, or a solas Concord for top speed.

Good luck

Carb mods to make mid speed cruising easier take my vote so you can pull beginer tubers safely, I have a 657 gtx and added hydrogen 1 1/2 years ago but does not seem to offer much more than 3 mph over backyard mechanic rebuilt top end - in my backyard, comes up on plane in a breath with that ballast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back