95 Seadoo speedster 2 stroke

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

indian1400

Hi guys,

A few quick questions... I am about to pay 4k for a 95 seadoo speedster 2 stroke...Is that too much?

The boat looks like its in great conditions...Few minor scratches here and there..

I was wondering if it is normal for a 2 stroke to smoke a little bit when starting up and giving it a little gas. The guy who is selling stated that this is a "normal" thing on a two stroke...however, felt a bit hesitant...

We took it out on lake washington and it rides drove great..smooth..no problems what so ever... however when we stopped in the middle of the water, i smelled a mixture of gas/oil...and minor smoke coming from the rear...is this normal? should i be worried about this or is this really a normal thing...?

The boat looks great on the under carriage and the forward and reverse movements are also good.

also, the gas guage wasn't working on it, but he said it will be fixing this...hope its a minor problem...

Thanks again...and looking forward to hearing from someone.

Best,

Welcome to the seadoo forum indian1400. I check on the book price on the 1995 speedster with a trailer and it books for $3010.00-$3390.00.
I didn't know what other equipment it had so I just went with the trailer. Here is the site for you to look for yourself; http://www.nadaguides.com/default.a...&m=1463&d=1600153969&y=1995&ml=S&gc=mr&gtc=MR

As far as the smoking, it shouldn't smoke much at all. If you could I would see if you could have a compression test done. It will tell how the internals of the engine are. Each cylinder should have ideally 150 psi .They should be very close in psi even if they are say 130psi. If they are all in range of just a couple psi., like 130 psi and 136psi...that's still good. If it is say below 100 psi than it will need a rebuild real soon. If you buy this jet boat, ask what oil the old owner used so you can use the same brand. Check out this section about buying a used watercraft for some good information.
http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=134
If you have any other questions give us a shout this is a friendly place with lots of active members eager to help.

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back