95 GTX Lack of Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC87SS

Hey everyone i have an issue i need some help with.
As some of you might already know i purchased a pair of 95 GTX's this winter and one needed a new motor which i have already replace with a used running one.
Took both my skis to the lake yesterday and the first one i rode was the one that was running when i got them. It ran good but didn't seam to have much power. The motor sounded good and revved fine but it reminded me of when a car has a slipping transmission. Wasn't sure if these skis were just this slow until i took the other one for a ride. The second one was a whole different machine as far as speed and how it launches out of the hole.
Where should i start looking for my problem?
Can the prop be slipping?
I did look to make sure there was nothing stuck in the water intake.
Hoping to take them to the lake againg today.
Thanks

Have a few of these in the past, All seemed to have same problem. They just never
got any maintenance! New pump wear rings & bearings, fuel lines & selector valves,
rebuilt carbs, new RV seal and oil injection lines, new drive bearing. On mine, NO GREASE of any kind, or corrosive protection, so I had my hands full!!!
Check your 657X's compression so you will have an idea of the engines internal health, and go thru all of the above. These three seaters ride best with two and
have great balanced bouyancy & speed, thus was the cream of the mid nineties.

Thanks Everyone.
I guess i will go get a set of long feeler gauges and check out the wear ring first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back