2000 gts idle issue.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Frige

First off I did read through the carb adjustment post But wanted to ask a couple of questions.
This is the ski I cobbled together out of a couple of junk skis. The engine and carb are from a 2000 gts and the hull is a 96. I dont think I ever got the adjustments exactly right but it did seem to run ok last year. I put stable in the fuel before I put it up for the winter.
Took it out today and it doesnt like to idle and keeps dying. To keep it running I pull out on the choke. Also I have to play with the choke to get it to get up on plane. Once at high speed it runs fine. Coming back to the trailer it was hell as it kept dying as I trying to load it.
I believe it is probably lean at idle and reading the thread I should leave it on the trailer to get the low speed adjustment done. The way my local lake is set up it would be difficultto chop the throttle and coast to a stop as most of the lake has bulkheads so no place to do this.

So am I right in assuming its the low speed adjustment? And could I do the high speed on the trailer as well?

Sounds to me like you have an air leak from somewhere, possiblyfrom the carburetors gaskets, crankcase outer oil seals, crankcase mating surface

I hope not. I dont really feel like pulling the engine. Wouldnt it act up at high speed as well?

I hope not. I dont really feel like pulling the engine. Wouldnt it act up at high speed as well?
What engine is it? I would think you could do a leak down test with the engine still in, should be able to remove the tuned pipe and carburetors, put block plates on and pressurize or use old inner tube between carb and intake and between tuned pipe and exhaust manifold? On the 717 you can for sure. Be good to know so your not chasing your tail with carb tuning if that’s not the problem

Back