95 GTX Gauge Issues - Speedometer & Multifunction

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJU22003

Almost done on my restoration of a 95 GTX. It is running great, but the gauges are not working. I know the Speedometer is not accurate, but I really want the warning lights and fuel gauge to work.

I did replace the magnetic float in the fuel pickup tube.

Speedometer - at idle shows 15 mph, at WOT goes to 0 MPH
Multifunction display - Dead - No readings no lights.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I will double check the fuses. Wouldn't the 5amp fuse run the gauges?

Dumb question, to check the power out of the water, should I move the plug wires to ground plate and press the start button while testing?

Your gauges should power by just hitting the start stop button for around 33 seconds. However you should always have the spark plug wires grounded to plate if your turning motor over without plugs hooked up. Also Im not to familiar with this year...Maybe someone else can chime in how this multifunction circuit runs oin his ski?

Still not able to get the multifunction gauge working on my 95 GTX.

No power at the front of the ski (purple or red/blue).

I have tested:
Fuses are both good
Purchased a like new gauge

If the fuses are good, any ideas on what could be the issue?

I have done some more research. Can anyone confirm if an MPEM replacement would be a likely fix? How hard is it to replace the MPEM on a 95 GTX? Any suggestions the best quality aftermarket MPEM?
Thanks

Did you have any luck, I’m having the same problem. No power on purple wire from mpem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back