94 xp flame arrestors

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefunk

I have searched and I’m getting mixed answers... I have a 94 XP with a 657 (freashly rebuilt completly) engine and I’m looking to put open filter flame arrestors on it. Two questions: Is it necessary to re-jet the carbs? And if so, does anyone sell a kit with the jets and filters? Thanks for your time.

As far as I know... no. I've never seen a jet kit for an aftermarket flame arrestor. Most of the time it can be taken care of with a tweak of the high needle.

The manufacture of the new flame arrestor should give you an idea of what's needed.

Personally... they don't get you much for the price. If you aren't running a modified engine... the stock arrestor will flow more air than the engine will take. In all the years of playing with jetski's... I've only put on an aftermarket flame arrestor on 2 skis. A worked JS440 (Because of a carb swap) and my Square nose SuperJet. (it was free) Also... a stock arrestor does a great job of keeping water out of the engine. The open filter types don't.

The money is better spent on other mods.

Just my 2 cents... take it for it's worth. (but check my signature line)

X2 ON That.. Not worth the Money!!

If anything Take a couple Screens out of the Flame Arrestor!!!

Check Piston Wash !!!!

My .02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back