Sea-Doo 657 jetting and flame arrestors

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

XPorDIE

Hello everyone, I recently bought a ski and it is a 1994 xp with a brand new sbt 657 non X. I have to adjust the carbs based off of a 1993 because the 94 has a 657X engine not 657.

So my engine being a 657 the stock needle and seat size and jet size for a 1993 xp with 657 non X engine are -

Needle and seat 2.0 [emoji736]
Main jet 125
Pilot jet 60

What my ski has in it right now.
Main jet 115
Pilot jet 65

Ski has ocean pro flamer arrestors

So it’s jetted with a slightly bigger pilot and a slightly smaller main, not really sure if this is a common jet setting for flame arrestors or what.

Can’t seem to get the ski to run right, do I need to go back to oem jets? Will these jets work ? Thanks everyone in advance

Hello everyone, I recently bought a ski and it is a 1994 xp with a brand new sbt 657 non X. I have to adjust the carbs based off of a 1993 because the 94 has a 657X engine not 657.

So my engine being a 657 the stock needle and seat size and jet size for a 1993 xp with 657 non X engine are -

Main jet 125
Pilot jet 60

What my ski has in it right now.
Main jet 115
Pilot jet 65

Ski has ocean pro flamer arrestors

So it’s jetted with a slightly bigger pilot and a slightly smaller main, not really sure if this is a common jet setting for flame arrestors or what.

Can’t seem to get the ski to run right, do I need to go back to oem jets? Will these jets work ? Thanks everyone in advance

You should not be going smaller on the main, if anything it should be larger.

On your engine there really is no benefit to the AM flame arrestors so if you can't get it to run correctly you might want to go back to the stock airbox and jetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back