RESTO '94 SPi Resto

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loganab13

Just thought I'd post a couple pics of the 94 SPi I picked up not too long ago. This thing is clean! I know it isn't an X-4 and it just has the baby 587 engine, but these ski's are still fun none the less. It looks like it has never been torn open, all the paint is left on every bolt, and unfortunately it still had the grey Tempo lines, but those are now gone for good! My plans are to throw a set of Renthal bars on, a finger throttle, carburetor rebuild, hydro-turf or blacktip mats, and a jettrim hump seat. Does anyone have any recommendations on removing that ugly rear view mirror? I'm not too sure what I would use to fix the 1/2" hole in the side of the hull..

Attachments

• IMG_1971.jpg
    IMG_1971.jpg
    684.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1973.jpg
    IMG_1973.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1977.jpg
    IMG_1977.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1985.jpg
    IMG_1985.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1991.jpg
    IMG_1991.jpg
    594 KB · Views: 43
I'd love to have that xp.. but for the price I got this SPi for (free):thumbsup: it was a no brainer. Came with the trailer and all!

Wow. Well ya you cant beat free. Im guessing you could easily get 700-800 for it. If you got the XP for $1000???? Thats $200 for a 50 hp difference??? Sorry I love spending peoples money and that looks like a good deal, but one I just dont need lol

Trust me, I'd love to. Unfortunately being a broke college kid sucks, but I may honestly look into it. How slow are these SPi's, I've never ridden a 587???

Ha dude I was right there with you! I started out riding a few years ago, and I was definitely a broke college kid. Probably started riding around oh my Sophomore year of college...its definitely not easy throwing money down on these while being in school, but luckily Im out now (Mizzou Alum!) and its not as hard anymore!

I've ridden since my freshman year in high school, we actually have a place down on Table Rock lake. I'm in my sophomore year of college right now at K-state (wish I was at Mizzou) and decided I missed it too much, so I got this little SPi. If anything it'll just be some good cheap fun!

I wish there was such thing as cheap fun when it comes to boats and pwc's lol.
B bust
O out
A another
T thousand

At least that's the story in my book haha

Long live the 2 stroke Seadoo!

Yes sir! Who doesn't love the smell of a 2 stroke running in the morning lol

Long live the 2 stroke Seadoo!

that and fogging oil.. that stuff is like liquid joy in a bottle:rofl:

You just pinpointed my addiction!!! LOL

4.jpg

That shit is crack in a bottle to me....

The SPI isnt the fastest, but its a great machine none the less.

On that mirror...decals work great for covering holes! LOL

that machine is nice my second favorite color on the x4 style hulls I want all your purple stuff in the worst way you could get way more for it parting it out if u decide to want a faster one ull prob get 500 at least from me hood handlebar cover rub rails etc. ps keep it will fun and looks great already subscribed

I've ridden since my freshman year in high school, we actually have a place down on Table Rock lake. I'm in my sophomore year of college right now at K-state (wish I was at Mizzou) and decided I missed it too much, so I got this little SPi. If anything it'll just be some good cheap fun!

Okay I can live with a KState fan on the forum, if you would've said KU we might have problems lol

Thanks guys! I actually went to the hardware store and got a small plastic plug to fill that hole, i put a little silicone on it and stuck it in there, then covered it with a decal I had laying around. Looks a lot better. And honesty it would hurt too much to part this little ski out.. i actually know the previous owners quite well and the ski literally has about 25 hours on it. The only fading is on the factory seadoo storage cover! The carburetor got plugged up back in 2007, they parked it in the garage and that's where it has been ever since, up until I acquired it. [MENTION=43106]CReynoldsMIZ[/MENTION] trust me, Kansas State was not my first choice, but it's the only decent architecture school around here besides Iowa State!

[MENTION=43106]CReynoldsMIZ[/MENTION] trust me, Kansas State was not my first choice, but it's the only decent architecture school around here besides Iowa State!

Thats funny, one of my buddies just graduated from KState and was an architecture major! Small world lol

Also, to everyone that subscribed, don't give up on me! Being three hours away from home and only coming home a couple times a month doesn't allow for much work to get done when it comes to the little SPi. But I promise you that eventually all the mods that I listed above will get done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back