94 seadoo XP won't prime and looking for pluse line from engine HELP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaponte

So I purchased a 94 Sea-Doo XP I believe it has a 717 Rotax engine silver in color. I've tried tons of times to start with no luck. Good fuel lines are in the correct place just won't prime. Then I noticed that the fuel lines from the carb to the engine was missing. Now I'm not sure where the pulse line goes on the motor. Also I try to blow air into the carb fuel inlet line and I cannot blow any air into the carbs. I need help !!!

My references say you have model 5854 or 5855 (possibly tag on rear of seat pedestal) with 657 engine (tag on top of Mag cover (front of engine)). dual carb

I have found an inexpensive brake bleeder from Harbor Freight to be very helpful; disconnect fuel line from carb and test to pull fuel from tank.

The carb to which the line from the tank also has output to other carb. The third line is the pulse line and connects to the engine block beside/under the carbs.

you need to go thru the entire fuel system, lotsa links/posts here or start link in 2-stroke section

download shop manual, they are actually very good

welcome to the best SeaDoo forum.

always have fun!

Ok I checked the tag on the seat pedestal it's says 5852 but I believe that the engine is not the original. I downloaded the shop Manuel and they don't talk about the pulse line at all. I took a few photos but not able to up load View attachment 39947

Attachments

• IMG_1028.JPG
    IMG_1028.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1032.JPG
    IMG_1032.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
5852 says 93 XP
picture shows id tag has been removed or picture does not show it ... kinda looks like 720

the carb pic shows no line to pulse connection on fuel pump to side of block under carbs

I could call, but I am in the middle of cocktail hour and may not be helpful. Send pm and I can try tomorro or weekend

Do not be too impatient, these older Doos can be a challenge and a bit of work.

Keep having fun ... I will help where I can and others will jump in ... great forum and a lot of friendly/helpful members. No problems that cannot be addressed here.

Oh ya, welcome ... snoop around here and find lotsa great info.

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back