94 GTX Idle speed up and down and eventually dies. Will stay running working choke & carb clean.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

LsBaker

I purchased this none running. Replaced starter, solenoid, and MPEM got it cranking and running. Replaced fuel lines and new fuel filter. Ran great for several starts with water hooked up. Then it started reving up quite high. Killed it. Found the oil injection lines from the pump to the super small barbs on intake manifold were non existent. (Running pre mix). Blocked those barbs off and now I’m dealing with it reving up and down and will die if I don’t work choke or use carb clean. I’ll take carbs off tomorrow and Clean the filter in them. Too me it sounds like it’s not getting enough fuel. But I can suck fuel through line up to carb. When it’s running it doesn’t run much fuel through inline filter at all. Any suggestions? I’m not carb handy so I’m not trying ti rebuild the carbs. Trying to check absolutely everything else before I resort to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back