91 gt

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cds11

thinking about buying a 91 gt. it has the yellow motor. are these any good? are they the same body as the 94 and 95 gtx? also could I transplant a 650 out of a 93 xp in it? thanks for any info/help.

You will be disappointed with the lack of power. Look for a 95, 96 gtx ( 3 seater ) or a XP ( 2 seater but really only good for 1 rider )

what do you think about fitting a 650 out of a 93 xp into the 91 gt? I currently have 4 skis, 93sp, 93xp, 94gts, 95gtx. they all have the white 650 engine in them except for the sp. we really like bigger ones that can haul more and are a lot better on our local lake that's crowded and choppy. we went riding this past Saturday and I got stuck on the 93xp all day and my 43 year old legs are still hurting today. I would like to just buy two more bigger ones and sell the smaller ones but don't have the funds to be tied up in them for awhile right now. I think I can get the 91gt fairly cheap like 150 to 200.

The 94 GTS would be a 580 engine. I had one of those and it was a great ski but just not the fastest thing out there. I upgraded to a 96 GTX and I am really happy with it. The 91 GT would be the same hull as the 94 GTS/95 GTX. That hull is extremely stable. Iwould expect the 91 GT to perform about the same as your 94 GTS, so if you're happy with that, you'd most likely be happy with the 91. I'm not sure about swapping the 657 into the 91, but it would be something to look into for sure. The 95 GTX is also the same hull and has the 657 engine it it so it might be a fairly easy swap.

thx for the info guys. the 94 gts came with a 580 that was locked up so I got a 94xp that had been sitting forever and the hull was in bad shape and transplanted the 657 into the gts so it and the gtx are pretty much even now. the 93xp I have right now runs great and the hull is in ok shape but I would probably have a hard time selling it without a trailer. so it just makes more sense to pull the motor and put it in the 91 if it will fit. I'm just not familiar enough about the yellow engines. I know the 580 and 650 are interchangeable.

I had a 91 GT and a 1994 XP. I don't see any reason why you can't swap motors because I think they are both the same physical outside dimensions. And since you have the whole 1993 XP you can pull the motor,electronics, pump, etc, out of it. The guy I got my 91 GT from put in an aftermarket rotary valve with different timing and a Solas impeller, for a 580 I think it ran good. But transplanting a 650 should be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back