800 Rossier pipe help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DThitoff

I have a 96 XP 800 I put a Rossier pipe,Solas xo prop and Prok flame arresters on. It will start right up on the trailer but once in the water I can get it start once or twice then it just cranks. Carbs are 75 lows, 145 highs, 2.0 needle and seat, 22 and 25 pop off. Compression I have 120 in the rear and 130 in the front with an innova tester. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

I got the ski to run just doesn’t like being at an incline on the ramp. Whenever I give it any throttle it just hesitates no matter how I open the lows. Not sure if I need bigger jets?

First off you are on borrowed time with that engine. At 120 psi the engine is done and typically will have a hard time starting in the water. Also with 10 psi difference between cylinders you have a mechanical issue like the low cylinder seizing.
Putting a pipe on a low compression engine is about the worst thing you can do.

I agree that the best course of action is to rebuild the top end. Have your read the Mikuni SBN tuning guide? https://www.mikuni.com/pdf/sbn_manual.pdf You'll want to back the ski into the water, set a high idle to get it started, then adjust the idle with the low speed screws and idle adjustment screw to obtain a smooth idle around 1500rpm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back