800 Rossier pipe jetting and setup

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigredram87

I have been researching what initial settings to start on my rossier pipe on my gsx and have found a lot of varying information I wanted to get a consensus on what people thought was the best . I am going to run with the waterbox plugged for now and have heard the following setups. 100 mid 150 stinger , 110 mid 200 stinger or 90-120 mid 160-180 stinger. The mid pipes all seem to be close but there seems to be a large variance on the stinger jet size. Mandriva has shared his carb settings as

2.0 needle and seat
25 pop off
145 high speed PTO
140 Mag
75 pilot
1 1/4 high
1 1/4 low

I am running a 20 psi pop off now with pod filters and it runs great low end before pipe also was going to leave the stock 142.5 in on mag side. It would be awesome if other people could post there setups just as a comparison tool

I am running a group k head 180 psi, KN pod filters, skat trak 17-22 and soon rossier pipe on 93 octane

Thanks in advance for any help

Also I see the jet in the stinger but I don't see the midpipe jet ?
149.jpg

A good shot of water inside the pipe helps it take off and pull hard into the midrange. After that point too much water will limit the potential rpm. So on a Rossier a 110-120(Mikuni SBN high speed jet, also called the main jet) under the elbow is a good spot to get the best of both worlds. A bit smaller and your initial "hit" will soften but you will have more rpm at WOT(wide open throttle). Anything under 100 and your rubber exhaust hoses are running hot. Small jets will clog easily too.

A smaller stinger(rear exit point of pipe) on a pipe's chamber can increase the WOT rpm. Spraying water into that area tricks it into thinking the hole is smaller. It's not a "more is better" thing though. I think a 160 would be a good starting point in the stinger fitting. Many people put a Jetworks flow valve in the hose that feeds the stinger fitting. You don't want the waterbox filling up with water while your idling around. Your pipe does not get hot at those low rpms and you want it to be snappy when you get back into the throttle even after a long no wake zone. Otherwise you have to clear that water out before you get the best responsiveness.

Be sure to put the two halves of the pipe as close together as possible when you tighten the coupler's clamps. Rpm can be lost there if they're not touching.

Great info and explanation of function that is what I was hoping for .

If I went to a jetworks would the stinger jet stay the same size? And what psi do you tune your jetworks to flow or do you just tune by rpm?

I am actually missing the coupler and it seems rossier is out of business?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes they turned into a ATV performance shop. That couple is a ebay item. Be sure to get silicone. Just measure the diameter and then cut it to length when it comes in.

Yes they turned into a ATV performance shop. That couple is a ebay item. Be sure to get silicone. Just measure the diameter and then cut it to length when it comes in.

Awesome I just ordered a coupler seems like it was a 5". Also ordered all my jets

A far as tuning the stinger let's say I start with a 160 what is too hot? Should the stinger be boiling hot and that's normal or typically should it be somewhat touchable

Not sure if I should start another thread about the jetworks flow controller but what psi pop off do you set the flow controller for as a starting point .

I like to always be able to lay a hand anywhere under the seat.

Those flow valve leak bad so it's hard to test psi. What I do is back the ski into the water with it still tied to the trailer. I pull the hose that feeds the stinger down stream from the flow valve. I'll crank the ski and adjust the valve to where the water starts flowing between 3000 and 4000rpm.

I have the pipe mocked up just waiting on my coupler to come, is this pipe supposed to not have any mounts on the chamber section ? I know the stock one has 2 mounts holding it to engine my pipe doesn't have anything on that portion

As a final setup for a starting point to verify

93 octane

Choke plates removed
KN pod filters
Group K head approx 180psi
Rossier pipe no ecwi
Skat trak swirl 17-22
Worx intake grate

Rossier midpipe jet 120
Stinger 160

2.0 seat
20psi pop off
75 pilots
145 main PTO
142.5 main MAG
Highs 1 1/4
Lows 1 1/4

I don't know that I'd be a ton of help with your tuning since my setup is quite different and I'm sure our elevation is different, but I left my carb settings stock and just turned the high speed out on both a quarter turn I think. I run ocean pro flame arresters and Coffman rec pipe. Can't remember the jets I use but I can look if you're interested. I'm using the stock water box. Anyway, it runs great! I'd be curious when you get it tuned as to what speed and rpm you get out of it! Good luck! :cheers:

Matt just to keep everything on 1 thread for rossier when I do decide to use a jet in waterbox and Tee it from stinger what jets would you suggest than?

Just got back from the lake the pipe felt awesome really woke up the bottom end , wasn't a great test rev limiter still not in so I couldn't get any high rpm but the pipe was actually just warm not hot at all.

Should I lower jet sizes a bit because of how cool pipe is or if it's running well just leave it alone ?

Mine gets warmer than the stock pipe but I can still touch it (barely) after full throttle runs. Personally if you like how it feels, I'd leave it. Interesting that you got more low end, I think my Coffman rec pipe supposedly gives more low end too but I swear I feel mine more up top, definitely more rpm with it vs stock.

Anyway take that for what it's worth, knowing we don't have the same exact setup but concept should be similar.

I have the pipe mocked up just waiting on my coupler to come, is this pipe supposed to not have any mounts on the chamber section ? I know the stock one has 2 mounts holding it to engine my pipe doesn't have anything on that portion

As a final setup for a starting point to verify

93 octane

Choke plates removed
KN pod filters
Group K head approx 180psi
Rossier pipe no ecwi
Skat trak swirl 17-22
Worx intake grate

Rossier midpipe jet 120
Stinger 160

2.0 seat
20psi pop off
75 pilots
145 main PTO
142.5 main MAG
Highs 1 1/4
Lows 1 1/4

Check your squish...very important with this pipe..
180 psi is all right but you need 45 squish
I use 94 octanes blend /100ll. ( 70%/30%)
I use 200 on stinger pipe.... also my goal was hit 7300 rpm
I re picht my skat trak swirl 17/22 to 17/21
Now i hit 7280 all day.... great acceleration
I put a vid on youtube....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back