Need help with Rossier set for '96 XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamrock134

My oldest daughter wants to start riding and maybe even race and I was going through my shed and found my old race stuff. I used to race for Rossier back in the late 90's/ early 2000's. It's amazing how I much i forgot since i haven't been riding for quite awhile. Crazy how having 3 kids can do that. I found my notes but they are for when I was running dual buckshot 44's on my '96 xp. I now have a bone stock '96 and the stock pipe happened to spring a leak. So what better time to replace it with my old Rossier pipe. My question is does anyone know the carb set up for stock carbs (w,ith flame arresters) with the Rossier pipe. I have the MSD water injection and the settings in my notes so i have that covered. I was hoping someone here would know this to save me from having to spend a day trying to figure it out the hard way. lol Also i think i might need a Rossier rotary valve but saw some posts saying it wasn't necessary. I always ran it and would hope to find someone willing to sell me one. I also have a stock '99 GSX 951 and I just happened to have a Rossier Pipe for this as well. So this will be my next project. :)

I Raced in Region 1 (NorCal) from '98-'03. I raced an HX in sport, XP's in 800 ltd and SS and XPL's in 1200 ltd and SS. Maybe someone remembers me here. Who know's, maybe I raced against some of you. :)

Seamus Jameson

Both carbs get 75 pilot jets. The old info sheet says to drop the main jet in the front (mag) carb to a 140 but I leave the 142.5 in there. The rear carb gets a 145 main jet, I would set pop off to about 20.

The pipe should still have it's jets in it so I would start there.

Hi Matt,

I see you're pretty helpful on this forum and I appreciate you doing the same for me. When the 4 strokes hit, that pretty much killed it for me. I love the old 2 strokes. The power to weight is the best. Especially with the XP/SPX boats with the 787 engines in them. IMHO it was the best watercraft ever designed. When I had my ski dialed in we would take it wave jumping in the SF Bay and people don't believe me when I tell them how high we would get. I remember jumping a double decker ferry and looking down on the people on the top deck. The throttle response was amazing with the Rossier pipe. I also was very lucky that I raced for them and had access to very good tuners and such. The set up was so reliable. I never missed a race due to mechanical issues. I had a Coffman pipe and it was so tempermental. Yea it was fast but so unreliable. The Rossier was always ready to go. I never had to worry. And if I wanted to go rec riding, it just changed the domes and had fun. You couldn't do this with other race pipes. It was just a race boat. I would recommend anyone that wants a fast reliable boat to try to find one of these pipes. Anyway nice collection BTW :)

Take Care.

Jumping a double decker ferry? Man that's beyond crazy! You would really have to trust the ski and your skills.

I agree that the 787 X4 is the way to go. By my collection I hope you have looked into my builds cause this avatar is just a day at the river and none of those skis are mine(just my responsibility lol). I have a collection of race skis de-tuned enough for pump fuel. Most are carbon fiber and have many rare and one off parts.

Oh and I agree that a Rossier pipe is a great rec pipe. I run one on one of my keeper skis and have sold a ton of them. I've also helped a lot f other folks set them up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back