717 Oil Injection Lines

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

johng99

I know the oil lines are discussed ad nauseum, but I couldn't find an answer to my question when searching...

I have finished going over the fuel system on my 1998 GTS, with new fuel lines, emptying/cleaning the fuel tank, and installing a new carb. On start up she runs fine, both in and out of the water - thanks so much for the help on this forum!
Now, for the oil injection lines. I decided to do the fuel system first, then the oil. Just wanted to make sure that i got one solved before starting the other. The oil system works now, and I want to change the lines before I have issues. My question:

Can these lines be changed on a 717 with the engine in place? Can you get a crimping tool in there to get a good seal on the oil lines? I figure I will have to remove the carb, but that is not too bad to do - but the engine would be a new experience for me. Any help is appreciated!

No need to remove the engine, carb possibly but still probably not necessary. Many of us just replace the lines and use small cable ties to hold them on with no issues. Just remember to bleed the oil pump and lines.

I actually have the exact same ski and just finished changing my oil lines this week. I had the carb off on mine already so it made changing the lines on that side easy. As for the line on the other side of the engine it was a little more challenging. I had to pull the water box and the cone shaped exhaust pipe to be able get to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back