717 new crankshaft not spinning as smooth

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakotaly

I am wanting to make sure before I put the top end that everything is okay. I had a spun bearing in my old crank that I could hear. I sent it off to get rebuild by Competitive Crankshafts. Before the rebuild it would spin as fast as I could move my hands. The new crank has the O-ring bearings when I had just the bottom half on I could move it decently well (not as free as the old one but still smooth and easy). Now that I have put together and torqued down the case it is tough to spin. I can move it well until either rod reaches top dead center and since there is not as much leverage at that point it wont move without a lot of force. I can spin it by the shaft its self sticking out all the way through so I know there isn't a bind or a snag it is just not as easy as my old crank. I am confident that the seals are seated right and such. Is this anything I need to worry about?

No. Especially with new seals and bearings it will no spin as easy as the old worn out one. Make sure you get some 2-stroke oil down the oil feed holes so it is well lubricated on startup.

Also did you grease the inside seal surface on the outer crank seals? You don't want those dry.

I did put some marine grease on the inside of the new seals. I will try my best not worry about it... first time build has me stressed XD. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back