5amp fuse testing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all- I'm looking for some help and it may be an easy question to one of you out there. I have a 95 sportster and had the 5amp fuse issue with the MPEM. Changed out the diode and getting correct ohms readings but wanted to see if there is a way to test the fix BEFORE reinstalling the MPEM back in the control panel to make sure fuses aren't going to blow? Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Just plug it in and try it. Why do you want to test it? Installing it will test it.

Chester

Hello all- I'm looking for some help and it may be an easy question to one of you out there. I have a 95 sportster and had the 5amp fuse issue with the MPEM. Changed out the diode and getting correct ohms readings but wanted to see if there is a way to test the fix BEFORE reinstalling the MPEM back in the control panel to make sure fuses aren't going to blow? Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Im having a similar issue. With the battery disconnected. All fuses good. As soon as I connect the battery, it blows the 5amp MPEM fuse. Is this what you had issues with...what did you do exactly to fix it?

You will have to remove the MPEM and dig out the potting material to get to the diode that is blown and re-solder a new one in. There is a great post to do this. I will try and find it to post. It's a bit of a pain but saves you some money. The diodes are only $3-$4. I won't have a chance to look until later.

So update on my fuse issue. "somehow" the polarity got reversed on the battery. And that was causing my fuse to blow. Only found out when I tried to throw the battery on the charger and the reverse polarity light came on. So I put a new battery in the boat..and it runs perfectly!

Not sure how the hell the polarity got reversed..but thats a first I heard one shop told me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back