580 yellow vs 580 white

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbwicker

Can anyone help me with some info please. I have a blown 94 gts 580 white engine that is beyond repair. I have located a complete 580 yellow motor from a 99. One mechanic tells me that the yellow engine is not a good one and can not be interchanged anyway. A second mechanic says it is not a problem. I see very little difference. I have a background in outboard engines so I understand a great deal, but I do not have a lot of knowledge when it comes to interchanging ski parts. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, slipped through the cracks!

I don't know how it happened, but your post slipped through the cracks on me. I got it now though!
No, you cannot interchange the 587 yellow with a 587 white. There are several differences in these two engines, the stator, flywheel and electronics for example. You can swap a 587 white with another white of a different year.
The other thing, just for FYI. There wasn't a 587 used in the 1999 model GTS, as far as my research went. The motor for that year in the GTS is listed as the 717 white engine.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back