4Tec Oil...BRP XPS Semi Synthetic... OR???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

door54

I'm not looking to skimp on something as important as oil, I used the XPS on my last tune up.
BUT... if there is an acceptable alternative that "meets or exceeds" specs, (when yer low on the dipstick, and you aint got time to order BRP's) What do I go lookin' for?

I'm not looking to skimp on something as important as oil, I used the XPS on my last tune up.
BUT... if there is an acceptable alternative that "meets or exceeds" specs, (when yer low on the dipstick, and you aint got time to order BRP's) What do I go lookin' for?

Valvoline 10W40 4 stroke motorcycle oil...$4-$5 usually at Advance Auto...occasionally on sale for $2-$3. It's all I run. One marina tried to sell me BRP @ $15+ a quart, I think...way back when....fck that.

Now..if you're talkin about needing a bit more oil while out on the water?...what ever you get, make sure it's rated "4stroke motorcycle"....very important. Need that rating for the sc clutch washers....something to do with friction modifiers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back