3D dI EXHAUST MOD.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm interesting, so yours don't cut out, maybe it's the altitude difference between LA and OH lol. I'm gonna keep looking into it, yeah last year was my first year with mine. Got a great deal on a brand new 2004 that my local dealer had. Honestly the stalling problem is in a very limited rpm range but it aggravates me, maybe its the mechanical engineer in me because everything has to be perfect...

Do you plan on replacing the first muffler? Be interesting to see how that turns out, if you are. Glad I could help you out because I was going into uncharted territory when i did mine.

The battery move made the lean hardly noticeable but the level says it still leans, you can find the post here http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=12951. It was a very extensive project. I don't know how seadoo could have went into production with the 3d leaning as bad as it did. Where I replaced the resonators I put some rubbertex to hold the foam in place, i plan on putting some weight (small dumbbell or what not) in the rubbertex and zip tie it tight to make it perfectly level, once again everything has to be PERFECT lol. was it worth the time and aggravation? definitely, you wouldn't believe how much the handling improved on the ski.

That is pretty weird... but I know what you mean, I'm pretty OCD bout shit like that too. Anyway, I don't think I'm going to remove the first muffler, did some research and looking like the RFI two stroke likes some of the back pressure, so I woul dhate to remove it and learn it had negative results. If you are saying the resonator removal had a good impact I'll leave it at that. On top of it, that muffler is in an odd place in the hull, looks to be a PITA to get to.

Your my new 3D buddy, LOL, I may also copy your battery relocate...

Just waiting for the exhaust to come in, and play a several month waiting game for the weather to break...

sorry to bring up a year old thread but i wish id found this last week, i did this same mod yesterday for a total cost of $0.

Using a 63mm diam 316 stainless pipe 350mm long (2.5 inch diam 14 inch long) that i got for free.

I used the joiner pipe from the left hand side to replace the T piece on the right hand side to get rid of the 1st small resonator. I chopped the ends off the last rubber hose before the main resonators to make the stainless to outlet piece.
I double hose clamped both ends of the pipe because i couldnt roll a bead on the pipe.
The idea was to retain the u bend by the fuel tank to stop to much water getting into the waterbox as advised by my local seadoo dealer.

1st test run was thismorning, sounded really good, especially when moving slowly. It may be my imagination but it felt more responsive and ran better.

Here is the final result
dsc02261q.jpg

These are all the parts leftover. On the right next to the foam is the 2 offcuts from the hose i cut for the stainless to outlet section.
dsc02262lh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back