300 Bilge Pump Ideas

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pwgsx

Instead of going with the factory 500 pump I have (2) 800 automatic pumps I am putting in. One will be towards the back behind the intercooler and the other will be where a aftermarket depth finder would go near the IBR and waterbox. I am second guessing this location if I ever want a depth finder but have never needed one so I might be over thinking it. What are your thoughts of where to install the switch? In the past I put them in the glove box but on the rxpx the glove box does not go into the hull so any hole would still expose the back of the switch to water. There also is no direct shot to the battery from this location either.

Attachments

• IMG_0305.JPG
    IMG_0305.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0306.JPG
    IMG_0306.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 30
2 is always better than one........but really if there is a major failure of the carbon ring, 1 pump wouldnt be enough. Also if you jump to the 1000 pump the outlet hole is massive.

Unless you have Seatow or the USCG within a 30 minute response, as well as a few extra batteries, your twin pumps will do little more than distract you from the task at a hand. Disembarking the craft, initiating your individual EPIRB, getting on channel 16 and concentrating on surviving. If you're in a landlocked body of water, you face the same thing. Trying to hold onto a craft instead of concentrating on survival. This is why you carry insurance. If you overload a single 800gpm pump with incoming water, you have SO much more to worry about than trying to activate and sustain a second one on such a tiny water craft.

Even though I was Army for 21 years, I went to the U.S. Navy rescue simmers course as a member of 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment. I saw more than one boat Captain kill himself and his crew by depending on pumps rather than evacuating a lost cause. Running TWO 800GPM pumps will kill your tiny battery in less than 15 minutes and that's assuming a battery in perfect condition. You'd do better to have a viable egress and survival plan.

Hopefully it never comes to that but the lakes we ride are not very wide, so plan would be to bee line to shore, pumps running. If it sinks, it sinks, I do have insurance and my life cant be replaced ;)

Put the switch under the front hood. Also installed the 2 outlet tips and replaced the white grab bar with a black one.

Attachments

• IMG_0367.JPG
    IMG_0367.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0370.JPG
    IMG_0370.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0369.JPG
    IMG_0369.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0371.JPG
    IMG_0371.JPG