230 wake stereo upgrade

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect Thanks cycleguy. Bmann I have yet to get it to top speed. I just got over the 10 hour mark before I had to put it away for the winter. Supposed to be about 62-63. Most I saw during the break in was 3/4 throttle short bursts 56-57 on the gps so I think it should break the 60 mark pretty easy. I am very impressed as this is my first jet boat and I am coming from an offshore racing style boat with a built 502 500+HP that would run in the high 70's all day long. Hopefully the sound system will make it go faster!!!! LOL.

Ok, so after last summer, I decided that the subwoofer just couldn't keep up with the rest of the stereo. I had a single 10" 500RMS watt in a ported box, but you just couldn't really feel it. So I had a local stereo shop, Grand Prairie Audio, build a custom box for me, in the section that used to hold the weak ass cooler that came with the boat. I wasn't using that tiny thing anyways, so it made perfect sense to put the subs in that spot (under the passenger seat). I had them put in 2 JL 12W3v3's that I had just got. They built the box, and put a vent in as well. They also made my front vent match the new one that they put in. Then I added a JL HD1200/1 amp to power those things. The Sub is ran off 10ga wire and the amp is wired 2ga. This thing is slamming now! I don't care where you sit, on the bow, or on the swim deck, or where ever, you'll feel it...and that's with the bass only half way up. Here are some pics. The box is kinda hard to see cause it's covered in black carpet and fills almost the entire area. They had to cut the flooring out to give me some clearance for the bass excursion, and the whole thing was more than worth it. Big props to GP Audio. This is the only part of the system that I didn't do myself. Oh, and i mounted an amp rack to clean things up as well.

Attachments

• stereo 004.jpg
    stereo 004.jpg
    600.3 KB · Views: 100
  • stereo 001.jpg
    stereo 001.jpg
    562.9 KB · Views: 92
  • stereo 002.jpg
    stereo 002.jpg
    600.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Copy of stereo 005.jpg
    Copy of stereo 005.jpg
    502.4 KB · Views: 95
  • stereo 003.jpg
    stereo 003.jpg
    493.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited by a moderator:
thanks man. I'm just glad I'm done now...as long as these tower speakers hold up.
I'm following your new build, and very interested to see the completion.

So was this a ported box that was down firing, or sealed and just vented into the foot area? I see the vents obviously, but curious as to enclosure type.

Got it, thanks. I imagine they didn't test how it sounded without adding the vent, I'd be curious to know how much output loss by not venting. If it wasn't a lot then I'd be tempted not to cut one in.

I think ill try without venting to see, if I can get two twelves in there and have the output sound like one and a half tens without cutting I'd prefer to do that... Plus putting in a vent after the fact will be no big deal. Thanks for input!

Good luck. I can tell you that when I had a single 10" that wasn't vented, it was muffled real bad. After I vented it, it doubled in sound. Subwoofers push air and that air has to go somewhere.

Does any one know where I can purchase the mic only for the infinity PA SYSTEM mine making to much static somewhere at connection .
Everywhere I checked u can only buy the whole system... 2008 wake 230

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I added the wetsounds 420 EQ and retuned everything and now it's nuts. The tower speakers are super loud and very clear. I didnt want any speakers hanging from the tower, cause I'm 6'1" and don't want to loose any clearance. Do you have any pics of the sub set up and the transom lights. How do you like surfing behind yours?

Hey cycleguy88. Are you using the stock head unit/controller? I read that you switched out the stock amp. I have a 2010 210 Challenger so there might be some differences but my stock amp is going out & it’s hard to find a replacement for that whole head unit system/controller due to the odd size. It looks like you still have the stock Jensen unit in the dash so I am curious how you went from that to your new amps?

Thanks in advance.

Hey cycleguy88. Are you using the stock head unit/controller? I read that you switched out the stock amp. I have a 2010 210 Challenger so there might be some differences but my stock amp is going out & it’s hard to find a replacement for that whole head unit system/controller due to the odd size. It looks like you still have the stock Jensen unit in the dash so I am curious how you went from that to your new amps?

Thanks in advance.

The stock radio in the 210 challengers seem to have a lot of issues, Clarion makes some replacements that fit in nicely and have a good price point, Polk and Rockford Fosgate make some also but are more money.

Excellent work. I have a single engine Challenger with the supercharged 4tec, but I set my sound system up to run off a Deep Cycle battery. My reasoning was that I have an 800W amp, and the stator is only capable of 300 or so Watts at maximum output. I know the amp doesn't draw a steady 800W, but I never wanted to overload any electronics or get caught with a dead starting battery. So are you ever worried about running this system full blast off those engines? Do you think I could run mine off one engine? I only have 2 6" Polks and a 10" Bazooka sub being powered by a D class 800W marine amp.

Excellent work. I have a single engine Challenger with the supercharged 4tec, but I set my sound system up to run off a Deep Cycle battery. My reasoning was that I have an 800W amp, and the stator is only capable of 300 or so Watts at maximum output. I know the amp doesn't draw a steady 800W, but I never wanted to overload any electronics or get caught with a dead starting battery. So are you ever worried about running this system full blast off those engines? Do you think I could run mine off one engine? I only have 2 6" Polks and a 10" Bazooka sub being powered by a D class 800W marine amp.

that kinda depends on how loud you want to play your stereo and how efficient your stereo system is, most amplifiers will tell you what their maximum output is but you will rarely ever see them have that much output, if they are they will typically have so much distortion that you won't want to listen to it at that level anyways. to know for sure you would have to check it with an amp meter and calculate it from there (amps x volts = watts). Keep in mind that as voltage goes down amperage goes up, so if you are running off of a stand alone battery your voltage to start with will be about 12.5v and will start dropping right away, if it was running off of the charging system it will at least try to run around 14-14.5v. it would help if you ran a volt meter gauge so you can keep an eye on it. most 12v dc electrical components aren't happy when run below 10v.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back