2020 GTI 170 SE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. New to the forum and just recently bought a new Seadoo. I have extensive experience on PWC’s however. Today, at exactly 9.0 hours on the engine I pushed the machine out into 4 feet of water, climbed on, started it and started moving. While idling in “F” (forward) I heard a loud beep and the engine light came on. The engine appeared to run fine and I didn’t notice any issues. Quickly returned to shore and checked over everything. I didn’t notice anything, oil was good, etc. Pushed the machine out once again, started it up, engine light was on for 2-4 seconds then disappeared. Machine ran fine for about 30-40 minutes after that. Started it 3 time’s and it didn’t skip a beat. When into the “codes” and code P0340 was displayed. This was the only code I got. Currently out camping and dealership is closed. Anyone have an idea what may have happened or if it’s a serious issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I’m hoping a brand new machine that’s not even done break in doesn’t have any serious issues already!!!!! Thanks!

Definitely worth taking in to get it checked out.

DESCRIPTION
Camshaft 1 signal error

POSSIBLE CAUSE
Damaged sensor, damaged circuit wires, damaged connector, damaged ECM pins or damaged tooth wheel. Connector disconnected.

SERVICE ACTION
For the CAPS, check for 12 volts on sensor connector pin 3.
Check continuity for circuits A-D4, A-E2 and terminal 4 on engine connector.
Check fuse #12 (refer to WIRING DIAGRAM).
Engine must run to erase the corrected fault.

Quick update for anyone with a similar issue. Took machine to to dealer this morning. I was told that unless it goes into “limp mode” the codes aren’t concerning. He cleared the code, checked over the cam sensor and everything was perfect. May have been loose connection that triggered a code and after a reset it figured itself out.... Anyway, I was told it’s good to go and to drive er!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back