2018 Sea Doo GTX 300 Limited

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanL

I have a 2018 GTX 300 Limited The break gate is stuck.. I took apart the gate and noticed a bolt was missing twisting the unit so it was stuck I removed everything and checked and got new nuts and everything is back together now it says when Its running neutral adjustment.. I called the dealer and the warranty ran out yesterday and just about told me to go f*** myself... So now I'm stuck.. What does this mean and how do I adjust the neutral adjustment.

Thanks John

Hey John, when your in neutral and running you should only see the “neutral adjust” on the display when your pressing the up down arrows on the left hand grip. Not sure what’s going on with yours. Check your owners manual.

Hey John, when your in neutral and running you should only see the “neutral adjust” on the display when your pressing the up down arrows on the left hand grip. Not sure what’s going on with yours.
Yes I see the Adjustment on screen but VTS buttons do nothing.. Any idea ..
And thank you for the reply

Just when I'm pressing the buttons.. No if I give it gas the IBR light flashes and buzzer go off..

I love my old Sea doo no issues like this..

You still have a IBR issue, either the gate is still binding or the actuator is toast from trying to move a stuck gate. To DIY an IBR fault you will need a service manual and a Candoo Pro buds reader. There should be up and down free play of about a 1/4” on the reverse bucket, if not something is bent or put together wrong. Be careful with your fingers working on the IBR. Make sure you pull the fuse or remove power completely.

Ok so I noticed a bolt was missing from the gate and bound everything up now after removing everything band installing a new bolt there is 1/4 movement but can't get reverse gate to go up manually so motor must be fried all fuses are good.

You could try removing the gate and bucket again and see if you can get the actuator shaft to move manually to verify it’s fried. The fault system should have shut down power to the motor before it burnt up. The original fault might need to be cleared with buds to reset the fault system but that’s a guess.

Last edited:
You could try removing the gate and bucket again and see if you can get the actuator shaft to move manually to verify it’s fried. The fault system should have shut down power to the motor before it burnt up. The original fault might need to be cleared with buds to reset the fault system but that’s a guess.
I tried to move it while the bucket was out and it only moves 1/4 inch but it didn't move before I reinstalled it all..
Maybe I'll have a friend scan it I'm a marine technician but don't work on skis or have bud's...

I meant by manually moving the IBR actuator to use the IBR override function with the gate disconnected to see if there was any life left in the actuator motor.

I believe your IBR in your year ski is the version that uses a small DC motor and plastic gears. You probably burned out that motor and or damaged the plastic gear drive in the IBR. If you search around, someone on one of the forum found a 20 dollar replacement motor for the one in your IBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back