2017 seadoo gts exhaust manifold hot

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoo-gts

I've been seemingly having a issue where if I idle the ski too long say going down the river (no wake) I'll get a exhaust hot code pop up. But if I bring the ski just up over idle it goes away almost immediately. Jet pump has fresh rebuild on it its still doing the same thing. Also you just leave the flush port open while in the water? I bought this ski second hand so idk I'm a noob to this thing I'm used to outboards lol

Yep the flush port stays open, the open cooling system works on pressure from the jet pump so the more revs the more pressure better cooling. Back flush the system per the operators manual (increased rpm) regularly to keep it open.

I am not sure what exactly could be causing your exhaust overheat, but it shouldn’t overheat at such low RPM and heat levels at idle or just off idle. I would be concerned that somehow my jet pump is not directing adequate water flow thru the exhaust, or I have a restriction in my cooling hose or exhaust that improves with additional acceleration and water flow. Definitely try to backflush or make sure your exhaust cooling system has no restrictions, or the hose off the jet pump is good, no kinks or blockage, etc. And might not be a bad idea to change the exhaust temperature sensor itself… maybe it isn’t reading correct temperature and it really isn’t overheating? But you shouldn’t be getting an overheat condition in no wake zones.

Yeah its only at idle. For long periods at a time. If I throttle it just above idle the alarm and check engine light shut off instantly. I've back flushed it and had the pump rebuilt recently. Possibly a bad sensor like you're thinking. Because the river it happens on is 72 degrees year round. I was just a little shocked after the pump rebuild it still set the alarm. Really wanted to see if it was a common thing with long idle periods I got my answer lol

Did it do this before your pump was rebuilt?

The reason I ask is in the pump there is a specific restriction washer and O-ring there as part of the water flow. If the O-ring is missing it is hard to get adequate pressure at low RPM for water flow. The leakiness is overcome at higher pressure settings.

Some troubleshooting ideas.

1.. There is a small rubbber hose that goes into the exhaust can. It is the hose that you pinch on the manual when you tow. Pull one end of that off and pull the seat off and idle it in the water. If you don't get water through that you have a restriction or loss of pressure. Don't run it long.

2.. Buy a laser thermometer and shoot the area of exhaust where the sensor is. Note the temp.

There's no small hose on the muffler just the temp sensor on the top. The pipe from the motor and then the one to the back of the ski. Maybe it's on the exhaust manifold?

Newer ACE models like yours are a little different than they are describing above. The common place for obstruction for your model is on the head pipe where there are 2 or 3 small holes on the back side going into the muffler. The head pipe bolts directly to the exhaust manifold and has jacketed water flow. Remove it and clean it thoroughly.

Thank you yes the ace model is different. The last owner is definitely not as anal about service as I am so I'm going through everything. Thank you for the clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back