2017 GTI Reading Key

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerOne

Well today I thought Id take the newer jet ski out. Launched and installed the key and all I got was "Reading Key" would not start. Tried the learning key and got the same thing. This jet ski has 7hrs on it, anyone have any idea what's going on?? I have the candoo pro, can I reset the key with this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Last edited:
I think I read somewhere that some people experienced trouble with their skis not remembering their keys if the battery was removed for some length of time. Sounds like your ski has either lost your key information in its memory OR that is not the right key for your machine.

My personal experience (2017 Spark) was a sunken ski, taken out of the water, lost primary NORMAL key, completely rebuilt with a new hull, no battery installed for over 6 months. Put everything back together, found the Learning key, woke up the ski and installed the key.....ski recognized it immediately and re-started. I bought 2 new keys from Seadoo and my dealer programmed all 3 keys to the ski, making them all NORMAL keys (no more Learning key)...only charged me $16.00 for the re-programming. You only need the ski, key(s) and a laptop (with Seadoo software and the USB cable to talk to the ski, took all of 5 minutes in the parking lot).

Good luck.

You grabbed the wrong key?

If it is the correct key, yes...you can use the CanDoo to program that key to that machine. Assuming you have enough licenses left to use on that machine.

Took to shop today and was told that the ECM might be bad. At 7 hrs, stunning pos. Not the keys!!! Is it possible to purchase and replace the ECM without seadoo shop???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back