2016 GTX 260iS nothing but 12v

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofla

Hello...
Went to start my ski and upon putting the key on I get nothing . No beep no click no try to start.. nothing.

Checking the battery I have 12v.

Could a solenoid be the culprit for a completely dead key ?

I always thought you hear a audible click or something of a try... even if not youd get the acknowledgment of the key being attached?

Checked all fuses at battery fuse box. All check out.

Any suggestions?

Normal, nothing will happen when you put on the key. On newer models, you have to press the start button to wake it up. What happens when you press start?

Chester

Normal, nothing will happen when you put on the key. On newer models, you have to press the start button to wake it up. What happens when you press start?

Chester
Thanks Chester, nothing happens., only if I short the solenoid do I see anything, the battery is 12.6 from the post and at the solenoid... I tended to think it had to be a fuse located somewhere but I tested out th whole box and all fuses are good.
Thank You,

Or check the Relay by powering it up on the table the diagram is in the relay if I can remember
You’ve checked the 30 amp fuses ‍♂️

Or check the Relay by powering it up on the table the diagram is in the relay if I can remember
You’ve checked the 30 amp fuses ‍♂️

Hello Gazz thank you for the continued help. I've checked the entire obvious fuse box, mounted atop the battery mount just above the solenoid. Everything checked out. I know on some of the older skis there was a sole ground ring wire that was tapped at the battery to feed a ground bus bar somewhere., I see no such 2nd ground tap, just the primary ground from the battery to presumably the starter.?
The fact that it is soo dead, no panel no beep no nothing would suggest something principle like a ground. without it everything would be dead. this relay,,.. its in the fuse bx correct, the larger black box that plugs in beside the row of blade fuses?

Get your battery load tested or borrow a buddy’s battery that’s proven good

Hi Gazza,.. per your load test suggestion, would that sort of weakness, if it were ,... manifest as a complete power absence, ? id have thought it would be like one would think a weak battery would behave like? As in some reaction of some sort whether a click or a humm or a beep or the panel flickering on.., ? I mean Ill try anything, but Ive tested the battery via bilge pump on a bench and to drain rain

U can check if you a negative continuity by using a bolt meter from plus side battery to negative bus bar in fuse box
The same is true for the positive bus bar
Do you have a wiring diagram?

i do not have a diagram but Im thinking i can probably look that up.
So neg bus in the same box you say.. okay.., about the relay am i correct that what you all were referring to was that little black box?
Also, when the solenoid is shorted, it does turn over. not sure of that narrows anything down or not

Check under your fuse box that the peg that plugs in underneath is in or no good. Had an issue with mine and that was the problem. Bus bar jumper wire wasn’t getting enough voltage.

Follow your manual and start checking for power where there is supposed to be power. You may need a new wiring harness. I just went through this same problem on a customers Sea-Doo.

Chester

Check the relay first, that's the easiest thing. I had the exact same issue on my 2014 GTX is260 and it was the relay.

Check the relay first, that's the easiest thing. I had the exact same issue on my 2014 GTX is260 and it was the relay.

It's not the relay. He has no power at all, no beeps or lights or gauges.

Chester

Then he needs to check the contacts of the 30Amp fuse as this then supplies the power to 12+ bus bar
The start stop button then supplies the negative through the ECU to bring the relay in and power up the ECU for a limited time period until the jet is out on the dess post

which relay and how did you test it to determine it had fouled? Thank You.

BTW i checked the 30amp fuses in the box back by the battery, with neg pulled from battery and pos lead on the fused location, I had 12v at all the 30amp circuits, when doing the same to the other row of accessory fused circuits, without key connected and got nothing but do have 12v at solenoid with neg pulled off battery and pos testing each post of the solenoid the second post leads reversed. all okay.
but didnt heck the black box relay in the fuse box.., not certatain how to test it and what to test for...?

You can bridge the contacts with two wires just need to follow wiring diagram
It powers up the ECU once start switch is pressed

You can pull the relay, apply 12V to the 85 or 86 pin and ground the other and it should click. If the relay's good, next I would check the start/stop switch. That would be for continuity when pressed across the yellow- red wire at pin B- D1 at the ECM and 3 at the fuse box.

Or as gazzaskirepair says you can just bypass the relay by sticking a paper clip in the fuse box between where the 87 and 30 pins were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back