2015 RXP X 260 iBR Light and speed limit

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kawiguy827

Hey all,

On the lake this past weekend, I was cruising at top speed (67- sponsons in race position, vts all the way up, stock watercraft) on the smoothest, glassiest water i've ever seen. I hit a small wake, and took some extremely minor bumps, when all of a sudden, at WOT, i experienced a rapid decel down to 50 mph- and stayed there. Engine RPM held steady at 8020-8060, boost pressure was steady at full (continued WOT), and the engine sounded good, no abnormalities. Soon after, the iBR light on the dash started flashing, and I lost all iBR functionality. I rode the unit all the way back to my camp (~10 mins) before trying to power cycle the unit, so i wouldn't get stranded and have to get towed in. When I power cycled the ski, the iBR light disappeared, and I had full functionality, however the next rider to get on it reported that 50mph was the top speed. When I rode it again shortly after, I noticed that my launching capabilities were non existent. The engine RPM would increase, and it would sound as if it was cavitating. My guess is that it was, or I spun a bearing. Interesting thing is that at the new top speed, it didn't deviate from 50 mph. Not 49, not 51, but 50.

Any ideas what could have caused this? Upon visual examination the impeller and jet drive looked imacculate. Did not look like i sucked anything through it. The wear-ring didnt' look scored or unsealed.

Other info- 2015 RXP-X260, bone stock, 91 octane fuel, 72 hrs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

What are your fault codes? You have to check while the ibr light is on or you will lose them. Scroll through the menu and you'll see fault codes.

Ibr failure on those years are pretty common. You are in limp mode which is why you can only go exactly 50.

I think we have seen this before where the IBR fault will clear itself but the ski will not reset out of limp mode. If the IBR fault does not come back to read any codes then you might need a Candoo or BUDS to clear any of the inactive codes so the limp mode can reset.

If it's in limp mode, there are active codes. Once the faults are corrected, they will clear themselves and become occurred instead of active and will not be in limp mode. There are no codes that require them to be cleared using software to get it out of limp mode.

What are your fault codes? You have to check while the ibr light is on or you will lose them. Scroll through the menu and you'll see fault codes.

Ibr failure on those years are pretty common. You are in limp mode which is why you can only go exactly 50.
Never saw the fault codes. The iBR light just flashed until i power cycled the unit. The light no longer flashed, and the iBR functioned as normal.

I think we have seen this before where the IBR fault will clear itself but the ski will not reset out of limp mode. If the IBR fault does not come back to read any codes then you might need a Candoo or BUDS to clear any of the inactive codes so the limp mode can reset.
It's going in for service on saturday to get looked at. I'll ask them about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back