2013 Seadoo GTR 215 Oil on Spark Plugs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kazanka101

Hello,

As the title says I have a 2013 Seadoo GTR 215. It has about 90 hours on it and I was getting it ready changing oil, spark plugs, etc. When taking out the spark plugs in all 3 cylinders the electrode was covered in oil. What causes this?? I heard about replacing the sleeve and gaskets but what causes it on the other side. I've recently ran the ski and it seems to run perfectly fine. Anyone else have this issue? Is it serious or something easy to fix.

Although maybe it's the spark plug cylinder and when I took the spark plug out the oil dripped down around. As I jear the spark plug cylinder goes bad a lot and is an easy fix. I'm going to start with that and take them out and check the gasket.

See pictures.

Attachments

• 20210403_110706.jpg
    20210403_110706.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210403_110651.jpg
    20210403_110651.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210403_110559.jpg
    20210403_110559.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
So I did compression tests on each cylinder and it all reads 140 and holds. I did take it apart but some of the gaskets were brittle so I ordered new. Just waiting for them to arrive. Hopefully that's all it is.

Check your oil, it should only be half way between the bends. You will get oil in the cylinders like you describe if it is at the top and performance will only slightly be affected.

@skiasylum @ski-d00 I checked and it was about a quarter inch to a half below the top mark on the dip stick. I had already bought the sleeves and such and just took it apart and replaced the sleeves and all. I did also pump some oil out so it's a little about half on the dip stick.

I ran it for about 3 minutes or so after and checked and no more oil. It seems like the sleeves were in okay shape but on some of the edges it seemed to be slightly cracked.

All in all, easy repair. It looks worse than what it was. I appreciate the tips. This is the second time I came for help and both times I was pointed in the right direction. :)

I recently changed the spark plugs on a couple of 2013 GTI 130's and found oil on the OUTSIDE of the spark plugs(same problem). It's an easy fix, just remove the valve cover and carefully clean all the oil residue from around the spark plug hole and valve cover where it seals at the spark plugs. Apply a THIN coat of high temp RTV(copper color) and problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back