2012 RXPX water in hose before throttle position sensor!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ma77y

Ski has started running rough and after searching forum it looked like a throttle position sensor, we disconnected hose before it goes into TPS and started the engine. A litre or two of water sprayed out of hose and the engine seems to be idling a lot smoother with super charged air of the intake. Please help us figure this one out !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ski has started running rough and after searching forum it looked like a throttle position sensor, we disconnected hose before it goes into TPS and started the engine. A litre or two of water sprayed out of hose and the engine seems to be idling a lot smoother with super charged air of the intake. Please help us figure this one out !!!

Water in air intake system or leaky intercooler?

If you can rule out water ingestion...ie...didn't flip the ski...fill hull with water...just pressure test the intercooler. Same thing you'd do for a radiator

I'm guessing a cracked intercooler if water ingestion can be ruled out. Intercoolers crack in cold climates if not properly winterized.

Thanks Guys, I'll see if I can get someone to pressure test it!
I now have an engine light on also, I might have to see if I can get some info on finding fault codes if they still do that or might need a computer plugged in!!!

When the engine light is on the fault code should scroll across the information center. Usually a Pxxxx

Thanks KK I'll have to keep an eye on it and get my head out of engine bay! Is there an up to date list of Fault codes you know of on forum.

Get the inter cooler fix and be sure to lubricate valves or you will be taking the head off to get a valve job

Thanks Jafo & KK
Im not sure how confident I am taking the head off I might have to hand over to the local dealer probably cost a pretty penny but better than doing more damage, if it was my 2000XP I would have the engine out by now and stripped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back