2012 GTI 155 surging (at 20 mph, approx 500 rpm change)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterPeg

2012 GTI 155 surging (at 20 mph, approx 500 rpm) first time out for season after winter, get up to 20 mph, keep accelerating, takes off then cuts back, then takes off again
checked plugs (perfect), fresh prem gas with seafoam/stab, starts perfect, accelerates normal (I am a light foot driver), checked all intercooler connections, antifreeze overflow container down maybe 0.5" from lowest level, some antifreeze in hull (not a lot, seen that before, figured from over flow hose),
what I need to do: pull back out of water to check wear ring (ran fine when I took it out last fall), seen prior posts of potential intercooler issues (not sure how to confirm that on a 2012 GTI 155 limited model), it has 70 yrs on it, and I did try both sport and touring modes, not sure if it could be a dirty DESS key (will try the beginner key today to see if does the same thing), I did notice (and may have always been like this), the idle when holding it at dock changes around 100 rpm, and has a miss every once in while (had the seat off when doing this so maybe why I noticed it, since normally it is a start and go)

I always laugh when people say plugs look good. As stated above, the plugs fail frequently and you can't tell by looking at them. Replace and it will run as good as new and you don't have an intercooler so pretty sure that's not your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back