2011 seadoo Gti 130 SE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

juice22197

Rode my 2011 gti 130 se last Sunday with no problems. Today my jetski had a weird vibration and tops out between 35-40 mph. When I rode it long enough it would eventually fluctuate between 35-45mph with an occasional reach to its top speed at 54mph. When it gains speed it kinda sounds like the engine when jumping waves kind of like it’s sucking air. I took it to a shop and he did a diagnostic which had no codes but the IBR that was replaced last year. He checked the spark plugs which were bad so he replaced those. Did a compression check that came back 151,152,154. Took it for a test ride still runs with a vibration and tops out between 35-40mph (not sure about RPMs) I brung it back and he checked the fuel injectors. All good. What could be the problem??? He thinks maybe bad gas (which I just put in this ski and the other) or the computer is bad.

Ps. I was not using the learners key, I tried it in sport mode same issue, I personally looked into the intake under the ski and the wear ring looked good I guess but no significant gap between the ring and impeller.

Attachments

• CEC7E311-C1F2-4C9C-B2B0-49E386DBC2BA.jpeg
    CEC7E311-C1F2-4C9C-B2B0-49E386DBC2BA.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
Sounds like a bad coil or two
Take the spark plugs out and do a comparison of color
When the ski is idling disconnect a spark plug coil connector one at a time and you see notice a change in sound if no change when disconnecting swop it to another position with engine off and do the same to confirm it’s the coil and not the wiring

next I would check fuel pressure and take a fuel sample from bottom of tank and check for water

I will try the coil method but on land everything seems to run fine. I notice it once in water. And I’m waiting for the gas to settle now to see if there’s anything in the tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back