2011 gti se 130 ** fuel injector failure**

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmorash

I was out on my ski, when it started boggin down. It was acting really strange.
Dealer tells me the fuel injectors arent injecting correctly. Middle cylinder was firing at all, and the others had sporatic ocisiliscope readings.

My ski only has 60 hours on it, all dealer service records. And its due for a timing chain recall.

Has anyone heard or seen anything like this. I used good FUEL and Stabilizers/Seafoamed it ever 10 hours.

Its costing my 600 to replace all three injectors.

All three injectors did not fail at the same time, no way.

That said, a driver may have which could affect all the injections. Could be a fuel pressure issue, a main brain, or a timing/ sensor issue. Any of these can cause you complaint.

Middle Cylinder Injector completely failed. Wont open, and tech says the pulses are sporatic, even though while running it seem pretty smooth.

Its reccomended to replace all three at the same time.

The recall for my engine involves the replacement of the timing chain becuase it has a weak link that is prone to failure.
Im thinking the timing was off alittle and may have had some involvment in the Injector failure.

Timing is everything. If the injector is trying to inject at the peak of compression as compared to initial compression it will cause issues. It can't inject greater than piston compression which would leave a run ability issue as well as unusual injector readings.

Seems like a likely culprit.

I just feel that the crankshaft position sensor and TDC sensor( if these engine have them) would give feedback to the ECU, to know when to let the Injectors open.

Timing is everything. If the injector is trying to inject at the peak of compression as compared to initial compression it will cause issues. It can't inject greater than piston compression which would leave a run ability issue as well as unusual injector readings.

Its not direct injection, it injects into the intake manifold

I assumed it was direct injection, but do stand by the importance of timing as the various valves must be open at the correct times to allow smooth operation. I also assume that there are sensors to tell the ECM when to open the injectors. So if one of the sensors (crank or cam for example) is defective or reading the pickup at a time it is not suppose to be (slipped chain, bad magnet mount, ect, ect), then the injection would be wrong similar to that of direct injection.

It is certainly different from direct injection, but the fuel must get through the intake at specific times in order for the engine to run properly.

I have a manual laying around here and will flip through it tomorrow to better educate myself. I am guessing there are MANY things, as I mentioned above (fuel pressure, timing concerns, sensors) that all affect when and for how long an injector operates.

I also doubt cam timing was off, they dont stretch, they break. And its not just one link, its the whole chain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back