Problem with GTI SE 130 multifunction gauge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

heavydpj

Hi all!

I'm an American Diplomat posted in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. I have a 2017 GTI SE 130 that was brought over from the US. I was away from town for a month and I let a friend borrow it back in November. I recently checked it to take it out, and the gauge wasn't working. The battery is fine - 12.36 volts, and it starts up fine. Just no gauge.

Upon closer examination, it seems like there is some damage at the bottom of the gauge.

Anyone have any experience as to what kinda damage? Is it water? Impact?

Is it reparable, or am I looking at a new gauge? Also, if I replace the gauge, will I need to pair the keys?

I don't have a lot of options here in PNG, but I CAN get parts via diplomatic pouch.

gauge 1.jpeg

Gauge 2.jpeg

Ooof...looks like water in the LCD. Not good.

The displays can be fixed, but if the entire gauge is dead from water intrusion, you'll need a complete replacement. $$$

If you do get a replacement, I believe you'll have to get the gauge "married" to the ECU.

Looks like water in the gauges to me. You need a new instrument gauge and a Seadoo dealer or someone with a diagnostic tool to marry the new gauge to the ski computer. You can ride the ski as is, but you just can’t tell how much fuel you have, etc. A new gauge is probably about $700 - I had to get one years ago after my kids and friends let my ski sit upside down longer than they probably realized. There isn’t any reason to let a ski turn over - just jump off.

Thanks for verifying my thought.
My friend did fess up to the fact that it capsized when his wife was riding it and that it took awhile to right. Does anyone have a recommendation for a repair shop that I can correspond with about this?

On the good side, I did see some intermittent symbiology on the screen and there were intermittent beeps, soooo ...

I need to find a repair facility to chat with :(. I have a copy of the service manual and have worked on boats and cars before, so the part swap is not that difficult. The key programming seems to present more of a challenge. I think that there is an Aussie Sea Doo owner here who has a copy of BUDS and a connector.

Thanks for verifying my thought.
My friend did fess up to the fact that it capsized when his wife was riding it and that it took awhile to right. Does anyone have a recommendation for a repair shop that I can correspond with about this?

On the good side, I did see some intermittent symbiology on the screen and there were intermittent beeps, soooo ...

I need to find a repair facility to chat with :(. I have a copy of the service manual and have worked on boats and cars before, so the part swap is not that difficult. The key programming seems to present more of a challenge. I think that there is an Aussie Sea Doo owner here who has a copy of BUDS and a connector.

Try this guy:
FS 09-18 newer style gauge repair.

CanDoo Pro can program keys:
BRP(home 4 stroke) [1005] - $429.00 : CANDooPro LLC, Diagnostic Tools

I bought a new gauge for my 08GTX ,and have a Candoo scanner to marry it to the ECU. I got it married to it ok, but most of the display didn't work correctly , that was because the Gauges are shipped without any firmware programming. That also has to be loaded into my gauge for my specific year,model, accessories,etc.. Candoo pointed me in the right direction to have that done. If I would of bought my gauge from Candoo, they would of shipped it with my firmware for my ski., but I'd still have to marry it to my boat.

Guess it could be worse, the engine could of got damaged. Drill a couple small holes, maybe it will dry out? I sunk my $1000 drone to the bottom of the lake. Dissembled it ,put it in the oven lowest setting for 30 minutes, and it's perfect. Water doesn't hurt electronics too bad unless it sits for weeks at a time, or it's turn on too long being wet. When I repair water damaged cell phones, the whole circuit board goes back into the sonic cleaner full of water to clean the corrosion.

Last edited:
Guess it could be worse, the engine could of got damaged.
Not sure about that at the moment. Once I get the gauge replaced, I'll put it in the water
Water doesn't hurt electronics too bad unless it sits for weeks at a time, or it's turn on too long being wet. When I repair water damaged cell phones, the whole circuit board goes back into the sonic cleaner full of water to clean the corrosion.
With freshwater, perhaps. This is salt. :(

Also, the capsizing occurred back in November. I literally just found out about it last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back