2010 Wake 210 430ph Not hitting 8000rpm?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayme

Hello all,

The boat runs runs great but it only seems to rev out to 78-7900 rpm regardless of weight in the boat and I was under the impression 430hp models should go to 8000rpm so wondering if this is normal? 144 hours on it currently.

Thanks in advance.

What is your top speed? I know this may vary based on wear ring, lake conditions and so on...

Im not a 100% sure but I think our boat is very close to the same RPM... If your doing 55-57, thats the fastest I have heard out of a 210. We have the exact same one as you and the highest speed we have hit is 53 on the digital gauge, the analog gauge is incredibly inaccurate.

Ya, that's on the analog gauge which I thought would be the same as the digital but I guess not. Will check on digital gauge. Interestingly enough, analog gauge is all wacky right now reading waayyyy high??? Maybe some moisture or something? Where is the GPS receiver for speed? Again, I would have thought the gauges would have the same GPS input?

I would have to be tied to the digital GPS as well there are no other sensors to capture speed on my boat... Seems there is an issue with the communication of the gauges or a defective speedo. If I ever find a cheap used one I was going to change it out and see if that helps.

Usually 53-55 mph depending on conditions load etc. But I need to change the impellers to go with my upgraded et127 wheels in the superchargers. :p Rev's are on the limiter at 8000. I have seen almost 60 with only me in the boat, and letting it track how it wants, in my boat that is slightly heading to the right.

Sweet, you did the X-charger upgrade! And 42lb injectors I assume. Anything else like maptuner or intercooler? Intake or Exhaust? Or does it run fine with just changing the injectors?

Should be around 200 hours after this season so thinking about upgrading during the rebuild.

Our 210 430 HP sees 50-51 WOT on a calm day. The analog speedo reads perfectly fine as it's GPS based like others have mentioned. I've also confirmed with a Speedo app on my phone.

I had PWC Muscle rebuild the SC's and install the upgraded wheel. Supposed to make the same or a little more boost than the X-Charger. Our boats have 48lbs injectors already, I learned this after I ordered a set of 42's. I can tell that there is more hp, but to use it I need to change the impellers as well. I have also looked at the Fizzle intercoolers, as that would be the next add on. But I find I don't work the boat as hard as you would a ski, so I haven't experienced the stock intercooler heat soak issue yet.

This is awesome info thank you kernal. Makes sense to do the 127's when rebuilding superchargers. ;)

Please let me know when you figure out best impellers to match :)

I've done a bunch of online searching, and based on another member here:
Starboard 267000681 15/23
Port 267000683 15/24

I have done some investigation into installing the 161mm wear ring instead of the 159mm, and watching what the Scarab / Chap's have for impellers in their 500hp models.. My thinking is that the setup in the 500 hp Scarab 215 should work in our 210's if also have close to the same hp. I have those numbers someplace, but can't seem to find them at the moment.

I did not install the regulators, I talked to PWC Muscle and they are not needed with only the et127 wheels in the stock superchargers. I did not get to upgrading impellers this season, planning to order and install over the winter.

My 2010 210 430 HP also sees 50-51 WOT on a calm day. 7800 rpm is normal for my boat. My analog speedometer reads a little slower than the digital readout. What elevation are you at. We are at about 2000 ft and when the weather is hotter the boat is lucky to hit 50. Still, fast enough for me.

I have a 2012 210 with out the SC and I'm hitting 46 to 47 I would think you guys would be at least 10 over me. Mines all.stock I think with around 88hrs I think now. I wish I had SC now but is there much I can do to a non SC boat for percormance?

I have a 2012 210 with out the SC and I'm hitting 46 to 47 I would think you guys would be at least 10 over me. Mines all.stock I think with around 88hrs I think now. I wish I had SC now but is there much I can do to a non SC boat for percormance?

It seems like that, but when speaking in the world of boats, we have to deal with water drag and why we don't reach the same speeds as sports cars with similar power. And with drag, it increases exponentially so between 10-20mph, it isn't nearly as strong when going from 45-56mp, as it requires 120hp. Even when comparing 430hp to 510hp, I would expect an increase of 3-5mph gain.

But top speed isn't everything when it comes to power. Personally, I enjoy being supercharged because of the extra torque it adds linearly across the RPM range. And with extra torque, you can pitch impellers more aggressively to generate more thrust and higher flow rates at the same RPM as N/A setup. And with greater thrust, you can accelerate faster and harder but for me, when I have a lot of people and weight, it really helps to keep that jet boat experience when it comes to acceleration, albeit you'll notice it isn't accelerating as fast when there is less weight. Pro's and Con's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back