New Owner: Sea Doo 210 Wake | New York City / Nantucket

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh S

Hello,

Very nice to meet everyone! I am about to close on a 17-hour Sea-Doo 210 Wake (430hp) that was kept on a ball in salt water (yes I know, not the perfect way to dock a jet boat!). I will be trailering it from Nantucket and putting it in a boat slip at the 79th street boat basin in Manhattan's Upper West Side. The boat is currently in Nantucket, Mass.

A few questions upfront:
1) The best place for fair-priced repairs on Sea-Doo Jet Boats between Hyannis to NYC. I believe the boat needs 1) new bottom paint 2) Summer-ized 3) cleaned impellers / general tlc on the intakes. This boat was last operated in 2019. Because I am inexperienced, I don't want to go into the shop and get destroyed on price by saying 'find everything wrong with the boat'. In an ideal world, that is what I would like to do (audio system, ballast bag system, etc).

2) What should I look out for in terms of pricing for various jobs / what should I specifically request off the bat? Again, do not want to get murdered on overpriced repairs.

3) Best boat launch ramps near manhattan / west side? I know I will be challenged for options, but such is life in NYC.

4) Does anyone else here boat in Manhattan?

Thank you!!
-Hugh S.

Hello Hugh, I have your exact boat Which i bought last summer and did many repairs. I’m afraid however i dont know many marina that work on seadoo boats in the NYC area. I live in NYC but my boat is in Kingston and Dutchess Recreational Vehicles is closest to me. I would say first priority is a tune up - new plugs, oil etc. and see how it runs. Also, clean out exhaust with fresh water and check for leaks in the muffler/tube. At 17 hrs, hopefully there is nothing major wrong mechanically - but salt water does take a toll. Also, there are a few good resources for parts on the internet if you are doing some of the work yourself. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back