Your thoughts about my plans?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boots

Hello all,

First post and I think this is a decent place to put it, but if mods want to move it to a different spot, feel free. I'm in the process of purchasing a lakehouse along with my sister as a family vacation type spot in Ohio about an hour or so from where we live. It's on a small private lake without a lot of traffic as far as we saw when looking at it a couple different times. I really don't know much about jetskis but have found this forum and wanted to bounce my plans off the experts.

I'm planning on buying 2 jetskis and we won't need to pull tubes or anything as we will also be buying a boat for that. I'm looking at getting one ski as either a trixx, or a newer spark (that has iBR) that I could add the extended VTS to make pretty close to a trixx but know that it wouldn't have the extending handlebars. I'm pretty set on this and just hoping that I can find a little better deal as we getting closer to year's end. Lowest pricing on trixx's seem to be listed around $9000 where I've seen a couple spark's closer to $6,500.

For a second ski I'd buy another spark/trixx if I come across a package deal, but I'd like something maybe a little bigger and faster to have a little variety in the fleet. As I've been shopping I've been interested in a RXP 215, but have been reading about supercharger washer problems and now exhaust valve problems. My current search is for one around late 2006 (I'd have to try to check the valve rumbers) to 2008 that would not have the exhaust valve problem and a receipt or record of a supercharger rebuild sometime after 2010 so that I know that problem has also been eliminated. Most of these are pricing around $6,000 to $7,000 currently. My other option would be to avoid the supercharger and go with something with a 155 engine, but I like the 'performance' of the RXP and haven't really looked at the other models that would be available. I've seen GTX 155 and Wake 155 I think so far, but am afraid these would be more like small boats and not as nimble as the spark/trixx or something like an RXP.

We aren't really near a lot of water here (a few small lakes/reservoirs) so shopping within an hour is difficult, more like 2 hours to most of these that I find. I guess I'm asking if anyone sees any large holes in my plans, or has any other advice. I would plan on not buying without a test drive, but also see people saying to check compression and oil pressure. Would these be needed even if the test drive seems good?

Thanks

Boots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back