2010 rxt X 260 can't go faster the 61mph

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

subyking

I just bought this ski. Story from previous owner is the ski did 72mph last year and then is took water in by the battery and corroded the wires. Has riva intake manifold filter delete, has reva exhaust that comes out the back, has a solas prop 15/22r, speed control module, 4" intake with barrier wall, riva catch can.

When I got it a had to make a new battery cable and put a new battery. It stated by a lot of codes came up, and fixed it from there. Found with the riva speed module connected a lot of codes disappear so I left it out for now.

This was my findings, the oem intercooler was leaking water in to the motor and broke the throttle body. Put a new intercooler from wsm and oem throttle body and a new prop 15/21a because the other one was damaged. I when riding and drove fine for 45 mins then timing chain broke........
Then I pulled the motor and pulled it apart, changed the timing chain with a wsm one and put a head from another one of my skis on it 04 gtx 155 with titanium retainers and upgraded valves and a slight port and polish (just smoothed out the casting marks)

Ran the ski for 5hrs before the lighthouse for the supercharger came on. Rebuilt supercharger with the oem seadoo kit and ski felt like the acceleration did get slightly better.

5hrs later the timing chain pop again, when I looked at it you can tell the wsm one was very weak.

Rebuilt the ski again with oem chain this time and put race valves on it changed the carbon ring and all three engine mounts.

Now the ski is running great again with no issues for 7 hrs on rebuild but still never went faster the 61-62 (using factory gps speedometer)

Every time I hook up the riva speed controller ibr codes come back and suspension codes pop up and the ski dose not even have that option so I don't even use it anymore.

I know this is first world problems but why is my ski not going faster the 61

Check your a.c. clutch washers, pull off the intake pipe and try to spin the compressor with your finger. I would stay away from wsm, bad experiences one my end. Do you get cavitation I take off? If so, flood the ski to where the water is above the carbon seal and see if the cavitation goes away. This will indicate you have a leak at the carbon seal.

Wow .. thats a shiz show on my level. My guess is just not making boost. It could be a leak in a hose somewhere. I would run that thing on the trailer and spray Windex All Around all of the fittings and Revit and see if you've got bubbles. It's pretty simple easy test sounds like that thing is leaking boost pressure not making horsepower

Typically speaking they'll make nearly 7000 RPM even without boost you're so far down at sounds like a down cylinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back