2009 Speedster Start Problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cernansky08

I recently bought a 2009 Speedster 150 and had a question about starting it. Only had 12 hours of use on it and it is practically new. I've had it out 5 times now and I noticed that there is some inconsistency getting it started. I seems that it will start up first try once I get it in the water but if I shut it off, It takes awhile for me to get it running again. I have to try 10-20 times for it to start running again. It sounds like it is not turning over and finally I hold down the starter for 5-10 seconds and it starts. I had the battery tested (they told me it was good) and I leave a charger on the battery when it is not in use. Does it sound like I need a new battery or could it be something like else the spark plugs?

A 4 year old boat with 12 hrs? My bet would be a combination of old shitty gas and spark plugs. Get some new plugs and when you get it running run her all day until your low on fuel filler up with premium and you should be good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back