2009 seadoo rxt x 255

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to buy a used ski. thoughts on this model? I found one on Craigslist for $4800 with trailer 125 hours, he is original owner. Super charger was redone by factory under warranty 20 hours into it. I know it's due for a rebuild at 100. Is this a good reliable ski?

I have a 2008 version and it has been rock solid
Check the state of the intercooler, they are costly if they leak / fail
The engine is solid as are the jet pumps
If you buy it have the supercharger rebuilt and it should be good to go
[emoji106]

more maintenance more likely to have catastrophic failure especially if you start modding. I ride with a guy once in a while (when his ski isn't in the shop) he has two new machines RXP300 or something and a I forget what the other one is. Just blew the motor in one right after the other came back from a blown motor. No thanks, don't need that headache.

That's just my opinion from personal experience, not worth it to me I don't need to do 85mph. I'm sure there are plenty that will tell you they have had no problems.

I have an 09 RXT-X. Absolutely love the ski.

The SC needs rebuilt now. It is WAY over the two year standard. So figure that into the price. I'd negotiate the price down to cover the $435 rebuild cost.

The intercooler is located right at the back of the ski when they leak the water is ingested into the engine
Not the end of the world if you change your oil couple of times and the oil filter but a pain in the neck when it happens

Thanks for the input I took a look at the ski and it looks like the guy never took care of it everything was corroded from the motor to the prop so I bailed I didn't know that there was an oil filter that you have to change on these either good to know

Thanks for the input I took a look at the ski and it looks like the guy never took care of it everything was corroded from the motor to the prop so I bailed I didn't know that there was an oil filter that you have to change on these either good to know

Sadly as these skis age it seems less people take care of them & a rougher condition seems to be more common. :( Condition can be worlds apart from ski to ski. I have a 08 RXPX which is pretty much the same machine from a performance level & love it. The comments about owning a ski with a SC & IC are true, but if you keep them maintenanced & don't push them out on service, I think the risk is worth the performance gains. If you are just looking for reliable cruising, then I would go for a 155hp ski, but I have a feeling you looked at an "X" ski for a reason :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back