2009 seadoo RXT 255IS not getting to max RPM

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Nicholas1202

I have two of these seadoos and both have the same issue. Both of these seadoos would bang off the limiter (10k RPM) when full throttle and would take off fast and reach 65+ mph. Now, one will do just under 8k RPMs and the other does about 7k RPMs. They now each have a top speed of about 55 ish and it takes a while to get there. When they first start up both seem to have rough rpm which I’d assume would be the spark plugs because it stops after they run for about 10 minutes. Both superchargers have been rebuilt a few months apart. When they were back from getting rebuilt I tested it and they ran perfect. They both sat for a couple months now this issue occurred. Gas tanks were nearly empty when sitting and refilled. They were both used for the weekend with this issue not improving despite getting about 1-2 hours of use. Any suggestions?

I have two of these seadoos and both have the same issue. Both of these seadoos would bang off the limiter (10k RPM) when full throttle and would take off fast and reach 65+ mph. Now, one will do just under 8k RPMs and the other does about 7k RPMs. They now each have a top speed of about 55 ish and it takes a while to get there. When they first start up both seem to have rough rpm which I’d assume would be the spark plugs because it stops after they run for about 10 minutes. Both superchargers have been rebuilt a few months apart. When they were back from getting rebuilt I tested it and they ran perfect. They both sat for a couple months now this issue occurred. Gas tanks were nearly empty when sitting and refilled. They were both used for the weekend with this issue not improving despite getting about 1-2 hours of use. Any suggestions?
I assume these are 4 stroke and fuel injected. Did this happen after sitting all winter? Do you use fuel with ethanol in it or 87 fuel? If so, then use a can of gas-line antifreeze and a can of fuel injector cleaner. Fill with quality premium fuel and run them for 20 minutes to clear. Also check air filter for mouse nests. If that doesn't work, change your plugs as ski-d00 says. Also make sure you check your oil level.

Back