2009 Sea-doo RXT 255IS

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Brlrcrgal

I had my ski out the first time today for the yr. Running absolutely fantastic. Had ridden about an hour out on open river, turned around to start back, it throttled down, engine did not stop running, engine light blinked on and right back off and started a loud whining noise. I had to go very slow until I got to a marina to call for someone to get me. Maybe 5 miles. What could this be? SC? Jet pump?

Thanks for any info.

Check engine light should produce a fault code.

From page 118 of your owners manual:

Displaying Fault Codes
Press the MODE button repeatedly until the FAULT CODE function is visible in the multifunction display. Press the SET or the UP or DOWN arrow button to enter the function and display the first fault code, then press the UP or DOWN arrow button repeatedly to display each subsequent code. NOTE: When the last fault code has been displayed and the button is pressed again, the system loops back to the first fault code displayed, and all fault codes can again be displayed. If there was one active fault code when entering the FAULT CODE mode, and it becomes occurred (no longer active),a NO ACTIVE FAULT CODE message will scroll in the display. To exit the FAULT CODE display function, the MODE or SET button must be pressed once. There is no time out on this function.

Check engine light should produce a fault code.

From page 118 of your owners manual:

Displaying Fault Codes
Press the MODE button repeatedly until the FAULT CODE function is visible in the multifunction display. Press the SET or the UP or DOWN arrow button to enter the function and display the first fault code, then press the UP or DOWN arrow button repeatedly to display each subsequent code. NOTE: When the last fault code has been displayed and the button is pressed again, the system loops back to the first fault code displayed, and all fault codes can again be displayed. If there was one active fault code when entering the FAULT CODE mode, and it becomes occurred (no longer active),a NO ACTIVE FAULT CODE message will scroll in the display. To exit the FAULT CODE display function, the MODE or SET button must be pressed once. There is no time out on this function.
I’ll check that thanks. I don’t have an owners manual but I can google what it means if a fault code comes up.

Back