2008 SeaDoo Speedster Lights Inoperable-Please point me in the right direction

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FunSize2008

New boater here. . .but have already had to take apart the jet pump to dislodge a windbreaker. :) Everything on the boat runs fine, except for the lights--front and rear. If the gang here can point me in the right direction and help me troubleshoot, I'd appreciate it! RayIMG_9548.JPGIMG_9548.JPG

Start by checking the breakers for the navigation lights. Also start tracing power back from lights or forward from harness. Choice is yours.

Also test the switch. I've had issues with the switches on my 06 Challenger. The blower for example wasn't working and it turned out to be the switch. I was able to disassemble it, clean the contacts, reassemble it and it's been working ever since. Also my courtesy lights occasionally don't come on, but after cycling the switch a few times they usually work. So, it's likely the same problem. A word of caution though, there are many small parts, springs etc inside the switch so open it with care! For me it was trial and error to get it back together properly. This is all assuming the 08 uses a rocker switch like the 06.

Start by checking the breakers for the navigation lights. Also start tracing power back from lights or forward from harness. Choice is yours.
Thank you! I was able to check the fuses and sure enough, one of them was blown. There was a spare in the fuse box cover and I replaced it and ALL the lights now work....THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back