2008 Challenger 180 intake grate replacement availability?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TangoUniform

My intake grate broke off and disappeared in a lake. It happened because the front bolt was already sheared off when I got the boat and I couldn't figure out how to get the broken bolt out, so I took it for ride with only the 3 rear bolts holding it on. ( I see now that there is a nut on the inside of the hull hidden under the supercharger.) Anyway, I have looked everywhere and there doesn't seem to a be a replacement available anywhere. I bought one for an RXP off ebay because it looked exactly the same in the picture, but it turns out to be about 3 inches shorter. The one I need is Sea-Doo part number 204120294, but they don't seem to exist anymore. You would think Riva or someone would make an aftermarket one. Does anyone know of one that will fit? I'd really appreciate your insight. Thanks.

My intake grate broke off and disappeared in a lake. It happened because the front bolt was already sheared off when I got the boat and I couldn't figure out how to get the broken bolt out, so I took it for ride with only the 3 rear bolts holding it on. ( I see now that there is a nut on the inside of the hull hidden under the supercharger.) Anyway, I have looked everywhere and there doesn't seem to a be a replacement available anywhere. I bought one for an RXP off ebay because it looked exactly the same in the picture, but it turns out to be about 3 inches shorter. The one I need is Sea-Doo part number 204120294, but they don't seem to exist anymore. You would think Riva or someone would make an aftermarket one. Does anyone know of one that will fit? I'd really appreciate your insight. Thanks.

take it to a metal shop and see if they can fashion something to fit, maybe not exactly, but enough to bolt and and provide some protection. Try to make a drawing by measuring the opening or better yet, a cardboard template first, then transfer to wood? Use a jig saw and cut and sand until it fits, then take that to shop to make. Dip it or spray paint the crap out of it and you’re good to go!

that’s what I’d do if I came up empty on Google and here

My 2010 challenger back two bolts on the grate are loose. I believe just turning the nuts… wonder if I can just superglue the bolts up. The grate is on solid as I can’t even wiggle it. I rather not take the supercharger and silicone off to get to the nuts.

I think the back of the grate is glued with sealant to the hull. I have not tried it, but others have unbolted it, and still had a lot of work to do to remove it. Gel coat is easily damaged by removing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back