2008 155 dropping cylinders

Status
Not open for further replies.

vroomZOOM

Hello

When I ran my seadoo this week, I got it off the trailer, and idled out of the bay. I think this should have been enough time for it to warm up. I hit the gas but it feels like one of the cylinders was not firing, it wasn't going as fast as it usually does. After running for about 2 mins the cylinder started intermittently kicking in, then it was full in the rest of the day. Any suggestions? maybe run some injector cleaner through it? no beeping or anything, I can't tell if my check engine light is on or not because my lcd is busted. Anywhere where I can find a good used one for a good price?

I had this exact issue. Turned out there was some rust in the coil right where they attach to the plug. Take out the coils, pull off the lower rubber sleeve and clean out the copper connectors. Get new plugs and try it again. You typically have to replace plugs once a year.

hmm... took out the plugs and coils, the part where the coil connects to the plug looks very good, with a little dielectric grease still on it. I bought new plugs anyways, but the ones in there looked pretty good. I had this exact issue during the first ride after I bought it, at that point it must have sat for more than a year without stabilizer or anything in the fuel. The insulator on the spark plugs was bright white and clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back