2007 Sea Doo RXP 215 timing job

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rxp215bg

Hello

I've spend half of my day searching in this forum, but couldn't dig this info. I am doing an engine rebuild and it is finished, but the timing seems to be wrong. Can anyone tell me how to align everything before putting the timing chain. I don't have the manual because I got my rxp used :(

thank you, guys.
Leo

It sounds like you could use a manual for more than just timing specs.
Here is some information on the "Premium Membership";
As a premium member you can down load a authentic seadoo SHOP manual from the seadoo manual library. In the library is a variety of manuals for almost all years and models. You can view as many as you like on line as a PDF file, or download it and print it for your personal and private use. There are operator manuals and repair manuals for you to do your own repairs on your seadoo. The repair manuals have everything from troubleshooting, repair procedures to winterizing. It contains wire diagrams torque specs and pictures for disassemble and assemble instructions. In the spec sheets it tells everything needed to maintain oil changes, spark plug gaps, carburetor rebuilds and impeller wear ring tolerances. Click on the "Seadoo Manuals" link at the top of the page for more details. If you need any help or get in a jam, we are always here to answer your questions too. Premium members get priority when it comes to getting quick detailed answers.

Karl

bring cyl 3 to TDC and then align the horizontal lines(with 1503 on them) to even on both left and right side just above the edge of the head.

but Karls right, how did you know what to torque all your bolts to? where did you use loctite? did you buy new stretch bolts or make sure they were within spec? I can ask you about 10 more questions if you like.

you need a manual, if not here, you can get a pirated copy on ebay for like $5.

... I don't have the manual because I got my rxp used ...

thank you, guys.
Leo

:eek:

The shop manuals are not supplied with a PWC even when new. Like others said, get yourself a manual. You can't even start to assemble the engine without one.

Chester

Wasted money?

:eek:

The shop manuals are not supplied with a PWC even when new. Like others said, get yourself a manual. You can't even start to assemble the engine without one.

Chester

:agree: with Chester. What ever money you put into this motor, your going to be wasting because without the torque specifications, setting up your sensors and checking the backlash on your bearings and shafts,..........your peeing in the wind without the manual.

You want to keep from wasting money, get the manual............:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back